Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rosie's out on the town again!

My alter ego, Rosie, was cruisin’ around town on Saturday night in her 1970 Chevelle. The cooler temps felt odd since we’ve had such a hot summer, but I was glad to debut an edgier look because of it.

My perfectly tattered and rolled jeans are ones that I got several years ago (Simply Vera @ Kohl’s). I LIVE in these jeans in the summers! My body changed after baby though (smaller, imagine that!?!?!) and by the powers that are eBay I was able to locate the beloved jeans in a smaller size.

The faux suede biker jacket features an asymmetrical zipper, as well as zippered pockets and cuffs. It’s by Rampage and hopefully you can find it at your local TJ Maxx for $24.99. This is going to be a great piece for Fall!

As for the rest……….

Red tank – Old Navy
Favorite black wedges – Unlisted “Web Page”
Red flower hair clip – Hobby Lobby $2.99

We always have a great time at this annual event in our downtown. The streets are blocked off so that only classic cars can be parked or cruised. We do a mix of walking and cruising, and new to us this year……..


……. playing in the park!

Richard wore “real” jeans for the first time, and I get all teary at how grown up he looks! I must say though, these are not as Mom friendly as their stretchy counterparts!


He already has a thing for wheels…… geez I’m in trouble!

I made the executive parenting decision to let him ride up front with us while we were cruising. We were on blocked off roads and only going about 5 MPH, and this seems to be the norm at cruises. Isn’t this how kids rode when these cars were around anyway?


No comments: