Sunday, August 12, 2012

Out of commission for a while......

On Friday we got some much needed rain. This summer had basically been a drought, and any rain we've gotten has been a quick shower that does nothing to help. So I welcomed it....... until I got home that evening to find the ceiling in my studio leaking! I know I've posted pics of my studio before, now that it's found it's permanent home in the sunroom off of our living room, but here it is again above. It's so beautiful!!! I love it!!! And the thought of being without it while repairs are being done is depressing. 

The roof of the studio is a flat roof, as the upper part of it is a patio off of our bedroom. Flat roofs are tricky, I know. We really don't use it much..... Jon has a hammock out there that he gets on a couple of times a summer, and most recently I've been up there because it's been a good spot to take outfit pics. I am assuming the entire roof will have to be replaced.
 As for the studio, I am not sure yet if just the ceiling will need replacing or if the water got into any walls. My project will be to move everything out of the studio and find a temporary home for it. The nice thing about the studio is it has doors to keep my little one out of trouble, so finding a home for all of these things I will have to take that into consideration. Luckily, nothing was damaged, as it was just leaking onto the floor. It could have been worse, I know.

I haven't been able to make jewelry as much as I used to as it is, and this will make it even harder. But I'm determined to make things work so that I can have temporary work areas when needed. I've had some designs in mind that I don't want to delay. And I've been really motivated to scrapbook for Richard so I need to keep that going too.

Hmmm, if the walls do need repainting, what color would I do them in? And what about a new peacock feather rug? This is how my mind works and what keeps me positive!

3 comments:

SummersStudio said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Eeek, home owner night mare. Hope it all gets settled soon and that you've got your 'new' space back soon with everything you want in it.

Mellisa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Having a flat roof has been the bane of my home owning existence, I can empathize :) Good luck and I'm sure the space will be even more inspiring for you once you revamp it!

TesoriTrovati said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Dang. I feel your pain. We had a leak from our shower. Now we have an unsightly stain on the ceiling. Need to have someone come over and carve it up to see if the leak has been repaired. I will cross my fingers for both of us that it is a quick fix and not too costly! Enjoy the day, Miss Heather! Erin