Monday, November 10, 2008

Soon, very soon.

I have been working on the wood burned beads. I expect to have some for sale soon. I have really been focusing on "word" ones because I fell in love with them the moment I made one. It takes a really steady hand though and the grain of the wood sometimes has a mind of it's own. Steady, consistent pressure is important. I first thought I would put the words on both sides of the beads but soon realized I may get a really good impression on one side and it's not worth ruining a good bead if you don't get as good an impression on the other side.
I forgot to mention too, in my blog about handmade beads, the straw/ribbon idea in the Fall issue of Stringing magazine. I may experiment with the idea of adhering ribbon to straws!

I have some new necklaces to list tonight, but until then I will leave you with my latest purchases:

1. New Anne Choi skull. I can't believe that I had never purchased from Anne before and now I have bought many of her beads over the past few months!
2. Cute lampwork Owl by Jawjee. This artist was on Etsy but now seems to prefer eBay. Hopefully she will come back to Etsy. I was surprised I won this little guy as I lost out on the previous one I bid on.3. First purchase from Hint - gotta have her peacock pendant!I also placed my first purchase on Ornamentea. It should be an exciting week for my mailbox! All in all, it was a busy weekend. I went to scrap at a friend's house on Friday evening and Saturday morning and got 8 pages done. I will take a pic and post for those that might be following this blog for scrapbooking. Saturday night my hubby and I finally had our Opera date from the tickets I bought him for his birthday in September. We have been to operas in several cities and this was a new city to try for us, as well as the first time we had box seats. The opera was "Tosca". The price for box seats was very comparable to other decent seats and we will definitely go that route again. No stepping over people or people stepping over you to get in and out - very nice! Yesterday I worked on jewelry and as always, the time went too fast!

No comments: