Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Loot

The International Gem and Jewelry shopping experience yesterday was a success! While the artisan bead booths from Bead & Button were replaced by fine jewelry booths (which I was not in the market for) you could still find plenty of tables with piles and piles of stone strands on them! In fact, I think I got better prices on stone strands than I usually do at Bead & Button. For instance, there was one booth where I got a dozen stone strands for $50. Another booth where I got a dozen glass stands for $20. Another booth had a limited selection of stone strands 4 for $10. I got a few miscellaneous strands for $1 a piece.

I was also most happy about refilling my selection of Chinese painted beads and pendants. The stash I had from my trip to China was slowly dwindling and it was hard to let some of it go. I got a strand of hand painted beads, a hand painted vessel, and 2 gorgeous hand painted pendants which are two sided (there's a different lady on each side)! I was also pleased with the cloisonne owls I found.

All in all, I spent around $100 which isn't bad considering all I got. It was fun to go with a friend and lay all our things out when we got home and split/trade from some strands. Enjoy the pics below....

2 comments:

Cristi Baxter Clothier said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Nice stash! Don't you just love it when the bead show comes to town?
Cristi

Lorelei Eurto said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

*drooling!
I am so jealous right now! I haven't been to a bead show in far too long.
I'm off to research when the next Bead Expo is coming.