Thursday, November 13, 2008

A bunch of random thoughts....

Okay, this blog is going to skip all over the place so bear with me. I haven't been able to blog much this week so I thought I would do a quick recap. Firstly, I have off today! Yeah! I don't mind finding any excuse to take a day off and this morning I had to wait for the cable guy. Unfortunately, after I log off here I have to study for a test tonight. Boo, hiss. It's going to take every ounce of me to be disciplined.

I stand corrected from my scrapping activities last weekend - I actually made 9 pages, not 8. Mostly a beachy theme as I had several pics of the dogs and my nephew at the beach this summer. I need to add some journaling and embellishments to some.
Still working on the wood beads.... I bought some metal stamping letters thinking after the image was pressed into the wood, I could rub some color in there to make it stand out. Ummm, the first strike of the hammer made the bead shatter. Opps. So my hubby suggested I heat up the letter over a candle to see if that would work. It provides okay results but I am up for more practicing. I've attached a pic - which do you like better? My scribbly cursive or a typed look? Or both?Yesterday, my friend and I went to a bead store in a local town during our lunch hour. I was thrilled to find these glass lockets! I can't wait to fill them with pretty papers, butterfly wings, feathers, etc.... Stayed tuned for the results! I also might play with resin this weekend as I found some bezel pendants I'd been hanging on to.Other than that, some new things in my Etsy shop - I won't fill this up with any more pictures. Til next time.....

No comments: