Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Two if by Sea

 I thought the title of this post was fitting because this is the second time I have purchased this dress! And I know this is either the second or third time Anthropologie has released this Girls from Savoy piece. Being a long time Anthro fan, I do love when they re-release items because it gives you the chance if you missed it before AND because it is usually a nod to what made them popular in the first place : unique, retro, well made clothing..... something people have complained they have gotten away from for a while now. The first time I bought this dress, it was letter sized (s, m, l, etc...) and this time it is numerical sized. I did love it the first time I bought it, but since I didn't really have a place or occasion to wear it I returned it. Although, I typically don't need a reason to wear something and I've always loved nautical things, so who knows what I was thinking then! That being said, wearing it on a pirate cruise was perfect. I love the neckline and sleeves on it! The Seafarer Mini Dress is currently on sale with an extra percentage off!
After living in Michigan for about 18 years, we finally went to Mackinac Island this past weekend as one last hurrah before school starts. I decided to pack a cohesive red, white & blue color scheme. Those colors are typically nautical anyway, but if you've ever visited the island you know you will see blue lake, blue skies, bright white buildings (like the Grand Hotel) decorated with red geraniums and American flags! It's also cooler temperatures up there, so a jean jacket was the perfect topper for all of my outfits. My swim coverup is the Seychelles Tunic from Soft Surroundings, which is blue coral with red fish. It still retails on the site for $69.95, but I got it at my local thrift store for $5 earlier this Summer!
And this (probably 8 year old) skirt from Kohl's rounded out my outfits. Even though the island print is tropical islands, it certainly fit into my theme dressing. Even though I packed some close toed flats to go with the jeans I also packed, I ended up wearing my Birkenstock Madrid Big Buckle sandals the entire trip. And believe me, we did a LOT of walking since there are no cars on the island (you can rent bikes or horse carriages). I will never stop gabbing about how great Birkenstocks are! I was comfortable and of the perfect temperature the entire time. And, per usual, people stopped me several times to ask about my clothes, which I love. Not because I need compliments, but because dressing is a part of who I am and I LOVE talking to people about where I got something when they ask or giving recommendations.




No comments: