Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Sunflower Season

One thing that has been on my Summer bucket list for a few years now is to visit a sunflower field. The farms around me that I looked at were all following the same plan of people being able to book times to be there. I picked a time slot and invited my dear friend and her little one. There were pro and cons to that day. It was sunny..... and hot! On one hand the sun and blue sky created the most gorgeous colorful pictures. On the other hand, the sun made for squinty eyes without sunglasses.
In thinking about what to wear, I wanted to gravitate toward earthy colors. But then I had this sunflower printed dress, even though it had cooler colors of blue and purple. I got this Tugboat block print Anthropologie dress for steal and even though it has an odd drop waist I decided to make it work by bunching the fabric up under a belt until I can have it professional altered. The affect of the floral print reminds me of when I used to do rubber stamping and learned how to layer several colors on one stamp to give that multi hued look.
It was amazing to see several fields of sunflowers!




No comments: