Friday, August 14, 2020

Celestial Kimono, Two Ways

When I saw this celestial graphic kimono at Walmart, it reminded me of something from Spell & The Gypsy. I didn't even notice the cool back at first, and for under $20 I was sold! I styled it two ways over the past couple of days.
First up is a jeans look, with a gold tiered tank under. The tank was marked down to $14.95 plus additional % off sale at Anthropologie. I had been looking for a gold top to pair with some peacock feather pants that had gold accents, but it didn't look right. Being so cheap, I kept it anyway and I am glad I have it now for under this and other things. When I wore this outfit on errands yesterday, I had at least 3 people comment on the kimono and like the dork that I am, I loved sharing that I got it at Walmart.
Gold Tiered Tank - Anthropologie
High Rise Power Straight Jeans - Old Navy
Birkenstock Madrid Big Buckle Sandals - eBay
Carol Dauplaise Necklace - Steinmart
Next up I layered it over my tarot card slip dress from Anthropologie. This print has both black and navy, and when I previously styled it belted with a jean jacket I used a black belt and sandals. Since I am using the navy kimono here, I opted for a brown belt and sandals. You could also put the belt on the outside of the kimono too if you wanted more waist definition.
Refinery29 Slip Dress - Anthropologie
Birkenstock Madrid Big Buckle Sandals - eBay
Carol Duplaise Necklace - Steinmart
Okay, let's talk about these necklaces. I found out yesterday my beloved Steinmart filed chapter 11 and it just so happened I was in the neighborhood of one to stop at to see what I could find. I found these two necklaces, which reminded me of the charmy necklaces I like and own from Anthro so much. Even though the charms on each are pretty much the same, for about $6.50 clearance a piece I couldn't pass up owning both the short and long version. The short version I wore with the dress outfit above, and the long version with the jeans outfit. The paperclip chain used in these is also very trendy right now. So happy about this find, and love the eye and hand charms for boho looks.


1 comment:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this look! I'm recently getting into the idea of owning a kimono but I can't really understand sizing for them. What size was yours?