Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Otomi Obsessed

Once we arrived at Mackinac Island...... had lunch and checked into our hotel...... my boys (dog included) wanted to rest. When I am in a new and exciting place, it is hard for me to do that because I want to enjoy every minute. I saw this as the perfect opportunity to shop downtown, as I knew it would be quicker and easier for me alone especially with the mask mandate our state has (i.e. taking the mask off outside but then having to put it back on when going inside, with kids). So off I was, stopping to get an ice cream cone along the way, to wander the town (it was a glorious time)! I was in pursuit of 2 things : embroidered souvenir patches for my collection/jacket AND what the island is known best for = fudge! So, it was a fun surprise to find this top in a cute little boutique among all of the typical tourist shops. It is super light weight/gauzy, so it is very cool. It was half off, making it $25!
If you've followed me for a while, you know that I love Otomi art. Besides owning several pieces of clothing, I have done handmade projects likes sewing an authentic panel onto the back of a jean jacket and also a pillow. Yesterday, I wore the tunic over jeans (and I've been living in my Birkenstock Madrid Big Buckle sandals this Summer). I also threw on this colorful necklace that is on super sale at J. Crew - I couldn't resist the seed beads crocheted into links! I'm already thinking about how else to style this top..... tucked into a colorful skirt? Knotted at the waist over a cute dress? Belted?

No comments: