Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Hot Air

I fell in love with hot air balloons when we lived in Battle Creek. We enjoyed the air show every year, which always occurred during the week of the 4th of July. I found 5 balloon looks (links below) I wore back in 2012.

Look One
I am so happy that, even after moving, we still live near a city that has a hot air balloon show (Jackson). The balloon photos in this post are from the show this July. Many of my clothes from 2012 no longer fit but I was lucky enough to find some new pieces recently to stay festive! I took the boys by myself this year, and it just so happen to be the Saturday after the crazy week I outlined here. So yeah, I am just going to call that the week from hell because our trip to see the balloons was just as challenging. We took the highway to get there, and Carson gets carsick sometimes and that was one of the times he threw up. Since I knew he wasn't actually sick, and his blanket took the majority of it, we forged on. When we got there, the traffic to get into the park was the worst I had ever seen it. I think it was because it was the first day of the show where the weather was going to cooperate for the balloons to go up. I finally inched up enough to get into a parking lot outside the park where I knew we'd have quite a walk. The lines for the food vendors were insane, but we all had to eat so we had no choice but to wait. Once we got our food, I tried to balance holding it all while pushing the stroller to find a place to watch the balloons. The launch ended up being an hour late and I was so discouraged from the entire week. But, once they started going up it was so amazing we forgot about it all. 
 Apt 9 Embellished Crewneck Tee : Kohl's
Pilcro Superscript Ultra High Rise Crop Jeans (black) : Anthropologie
Rampage Sandals : Meijer
Sunglasses : TJ Maxx


I got this sleeveless top at TJ Maxx the night we were walking back from getting pretzels and I discovered the cheese that dripped down my chest. So yeah, I knew I was treating myself when I saw it. This is what I wore to the balloon show with jeans, but here it is dressed up for work with wide leg pants from Old Navy, Rockport wedges and belt.



 Apt 9 Georgette Tank : Kohl's
How cool to find 2 pieces at Kohl's this Summer! This is actually a sleeveless top with a cool zipper up the back, but I wore it over a black t-shirt because it was too hot to wear a jacket or sweater over it and I didn't like the look of it alone.

High Rise Jeans : American Eagle
Seychelles Tigre Wedge Sandals : Anthropologie
Necklace : Maurices
Sunglasses : TJ Maxx
I would love to take a ride in a hot air balloon someday! I guess I know I'll have something to wear if I ever do.

No comments: