Saturday, July 29, 2017

The Ruffle Sleeve

 Ruffled sleeves are just one of the many trends right now. Some are so exaggerated and "unwearable" to me, that I had not purchased any yet. My upper arms, even when I am in better shape, have always been large so why would I want to emphasis that? And the long sleeve versions I would think would constantly be in the way - working and eating are two activities that especially come to mind.
 When I saw this cute print at The Loft, I knew I had to have it. The fact that it has ruffled sleeves is just an added detail as it was not a deciding factor in the purchase. The print reminds me of Rifle Paper Co., which, trust me you've seen these prints on just about everything! Anthropologie carried some clothing items a few years ago with these prints and they sold out quickly and are hard to find. Besides this blouse, The Loft also has a dress, pants and skirt in this print.
 When I first got this blouse, I wore it with my navy wide leg pants (picture at end for reference) and I DID NOT like the proportions once I got home and edited the pictures. I like it much better paired with jeans - here a crop flare leg with raw hem. The morning of these pictures, I was heading to Richard's field trip at LEGOLAND (about an hour and a half away). I knew I wanted to stop and get some coffee and treat for breakfast, and since it was on the way I went to Zou Zou's in Chelsea. It was the most beautiful Summer morning and I really cherish these quiet moments alone that I can sneak in once in a while.
Sandals : Payless
Jessica Simpson Sunglasses : TJ Maxx
Anthropologie Tassel Necklace : TJ Maxx
Here's the top with the wide legs that I did not like. The pants are from Old Navy and the sandals are Blowfish from Zulily.


No comments: