Monday, July 20, 2015

Peacocks Lately

Every once in a while, I like to pop in here to talk about peacock items I've found. It never ceases to amaze me the things that I find!

Cards have always been a mainstay. See posts on previous cards here and here. With Spring/Summer the busiest time for celebrations around here, these are some recent ones:

1. Birthday Card for my Mom (March) : Target

2. Birthday Card for Richard (May) : Walmart

3. Anniversary Card for Jon (May) : Menards 
(this is the second peacock card I have found at Menards, weird!)

4. Father's Day Card for Jon (June) : Kohl's

5. Birthday Card for a dear friend (July) : Meijers
(ummm, where can I get some of those peacock sunglasses???)

6. I already have Jon's Birthday Card (September) : Kohl's

The funny thing about these cards, is the sentiments are so perfect too! That makes it all the more exciting for me. I wouldn't want to give a card just because it has a peacock on it. I am usually the one in the card isle bawling like a baby. Now that I have been giving peacock cards for so long, it feels like an expectation. I hope I can continue... anyone who knows me knows I am up for the challenge!
 This is a recent book we borrowed from the library. It caught my eye right away, and the librarian said we were the first ones to rent it out. There is a bird for every letter of the alphabet, and the illustrations are so gorgeous! Of course, the peacock claims to be the most beautiful in the end. I'd love to purchase this for our own collection, and you can see more peacock books we have in this post.
 Peacock feather burlap from Joann's. Not sure what I will make with this yet.
 This peacock picture, printed on glass, was at Meijer for $49.99. It eventually got marked down on clearance for $12.49!!! The same picture is at Kohl's for $124.99 (currently on sale for $74.99). Craziness!
 If you're my friend on Facebook, then you probably already know about these peacock diapers! OMG I was so excited!!! They are by The Honest Company, which you can order online or else I've found them at Meijer and Target. We've preferred Pampers with both boys, but after trying these I really love them as well! Now, I buy whatever is on sale/coupon. Those legs..... nom, nom, nom. 
That's all I can think of for this recent round of peacock finds! 

No comments: