Saturday, July 18, 2015

Chambray Dress

It's hard to believe that I didn't own any chambray (light denim pieces) until just a few years ago. Now it seems I can't get enough of these versatile pieces and I own 4 button up shirts, a short sleeved shirt, recently added a sleeveless button up shirt, and now this dress. The styles and shades of the tops I have each seem to fit their own purpose and outfit and I wear them again and again.
The shape of this dress is not really something I gravitate towards. A-line styles and empire waists are what is best for my body type. But I couldn't resist the embroidered peacock feathers on this!!! And even though it may not flatter my shape the greatest, it is comfy as heck!
I wore this the Friday before the 4th, to our local diner and to get Richard's haircut. We explored the historic train stop once again, and this time I found an old scale and cart for some fun props. We'd love to have one of those carts transformed into a coffee table someday!
The sandals are my newest favs from Payless. I took advantage of their BOGO sale a few weeks ago. I am constantly surprised that "cheap" shoes are more comfy than their more expensive versions. At least for me lately. Seriously..... but I'll post on that another time. 
Apt 9 Aviators - Kohl's
Peacock Feather Earrings - Lucky Brand (old)
Anthropologie is currently holding their summer tag sale, where everything on sale is an extra 20% off. It started in June, so who knows when it will end. This is the best time to shop Anthropologie! My philosophy is that you CAN treat yourself to higher end items on a budget, and the way that I do it is by watching sales and then being open to shopping at lower priced stores, thrift stores, consignment shops for the rest of your pieces. The more "mix" that you have - new, used, old, vintage, whatever - the more unique your style will be!




No comments: