Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Aztec Peplum





Monday was another "warm-ish" day, and I jumped at the chance to take some pictures outside. However, it was difficult because the snow is still everywhere or else melting into a huge mess. So I was limited as to where I could go and what lighting I could get. Oh well, better than nothing I guess.

I got this aztec peplum top at a local boutique - Fancy Nancy's. I thought it was so cute and I loved the colors. It was on the sale rack for about $18. Sometimes, I think people stay away from boutiques because they don't feel they are getting their money's worth because all of the big box retailers offer coupons, sales, etc.... But don't count them out! Number 1, you are going to get some unique pieces that you won't see everyone else walking around in. Number 2, they have sales as well and you can find some great deals! Number 3, you are supporting a local business rather than a corporation.

I am wearing a peacock feather pendant that I made a long time ago when I first started beading. It is a peyote stitch with tons of beaded "fringe". The pixilated design the beads make almost mirror those on the top!

I have worn this top with skinny jeans, following my rule of big + little (a peplum ruffle can be hard on a gal like me who already has ample hips). But, wearing it with my flare jeans here seems to be better. Flared top and flared jeans..... who knew?

1 comment:

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE that top. Anything Aztec and I am a gonner. I love how you paired the top with the peacock necklace and it instantly brought to mind peacocks with the blue, green, and orange. I would have bought that top, too! And it was such a good deal!

The flares work really well with it. I would never have tried that. Now I will! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jenni