Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Get the look..... for less!




This look from Anthropologie really grabbed me for some reason. So I set out to try to recreate it for less. I had hoped to have everything pulled together right away, but obviously I couldn't wait to debut the flannel a few weeks ago.

Anthropologie Altay Buttondown (red plaid no longer available) : $88

You can find plaid flannel shirts just about anywhere now. The one I choose was the Croft & Barrow Plaid Flannel Shirt from Kohl's : on sale for $21.60 and I used an additional 30% off coupon.

Approximate savings : $73
 
Anthropologie Ruffled Sweater Vest (taupe no longer available) : $118
 
It took me longer to find a similar vest than I thought. It was one of those items where you see them a million times, but then when you are looking for it you can't find it. I finally found this one at a local boutique for $20!
 
Savings of : $98
 
The jeans, I've already had for some time (my trusty Apt 9 Flares from Kohl's). Same with the boots from JC Penney. The druzy necklace is on clearance at Michael's for $1.99!
 
I love these pieces together, but I know I am going to wear them a bunch with other items as well. I am loving the open, flowy trend in sweaters lately. And I know this vest will look great belted too. I know it's been pretty casual around here, and in looking at my schedule I think the rest of 2013 will follow suit. It's funny that I've read from a few other Michigan fashion bloggers that they are feeling this same type of casual comfort this winter.
 
As you can tell, I love sales and finding items on a budget. I had done another post similar to this here. I will try to do them as often as I can, so that you too can see you don't have to spend a ton to look and feel great!

1 comment:

antony said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates



HELLO

my name is Antonio and I'm Italian

You are so sweety and beautiful

I hope you like PLAID / TARTAN / GINGHAM shirts.

I have a great passion for plaid shirts since I was little .
Just like some collect stamps or coins I like to collect pictures of people in plaid shirts .

So COULD YOU TAKE SOME PHOTOS FOR ME WEARING AS MANY PLAID SHIRTS POSSIBLE?

I have a private collection of WOMEN and people in PLAID SHIRTS on this website www.FLICKR.COM I also leave you the link if you want to browse .. ok ?

Will be fine also photos with friends, family, etc.
The importance it's wearing PLAIDS .. ok?



PICTURES will never be published except for your ASKING

That's the link below in wich you could see some photos related of my passion of PLAID:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36248663 @ N00 /


ANY way , thanks

I hope that I have not caused any discomfort or inconvenience

thank you very much

Antonio ;=)