Monday, December 2, 2013

Cozy Monday






Today was a work from home day for me, and we had plans to go out in the evening so I threw on some accessories at the end of the day. Coming off of a long holiday weekend, it was nice to ease into the week like this. I did not do any Black Friday or Cyber Monday shopping, except for this sweatshirt from Anthropologie. On Black Friday, they had 20% off the entire store, which included sale items. Since they don't discount very often (or as deep as I am used to at other stores) I usually try to take advantage on at least one thing. Dressed up sweatshirts are a huge trend right now - they are either jeweled, or have some lace/crochet appliques. If I knew how to sew, it would be easy to add these fun hems onto tops. But, for now, I'll just buy them. These are the type of details I love to make basics a little more special.

Lace Skirt Sweatshirt : Anthropologie
Simply Vera Distressed Jeans : Kohl's
Bear Traps Boots : Macy's
Grandpa's Vintage Watch
Bits of the Past Necklace : Tracy Bell

2 comments:

Margaret said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sorry to jump in on this post, but I don't know if you follow comments on old posts: could you tell me exactly which Value Belt strap you ordered to fix the Americana Tote? That was brilliant and would serve as a great change to other bags: I am totally a crossbody bag person but love love this tote!

peacockfairy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Margaret! Thank you for your interest. I got the 1 inch wide straps, 30 inches long, in the London Tan color. I don't know if these would be quite long enough for a crossbody, so you might want to get the next length up. The only other thing I will say, was that it was a bit hard to get the clip onto the metal loops on the tote - but it is possible! I have carried it now for several weeks, and just love the outcome!