Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Shells, Buttons, Blues & Greens

I am so ready for Spring I can hardly stand it! And, apparently so are the retailers. If you go out shopping this time of year, they get you all excited with their new, fresh merchandise in pretty colors that uhhhh, you can't wear yet. Because it's still snowing. Anyway, it's been a dream for a peacock lover like me to be finding not only peacock clothing (more on that later) but the color scheme of accessories is blues and greens!

As I'm sure I have mentioned before, I like to look at the costume jewelry when I am out at my local discount store. If the price is right, I'll treat myself to a little something to make me happy or to get me inspired. Over the past few weeks, I've picked up 3 necklaces with shell elements in them. I just couldn't resist the most beautiful shimmery blues! They make me want to be on a beach somewhere..... Many designers are soon headed off on the Bead Cruise - I wish I were tagging along. :-)
I was surprised too, to see that 2 of these necklaces are actually made with shell buttons! Look closely. The one on the left, I think I might swap out it's current pendant for a peacock shell pendant I have. But, back to the buttons.... you should see what Lorelei does with buttons - she makes the most beautiful designs with them!

The other things I've been collecting are big, chunky stones and I'm planning quite an opulent peacock necklace.

In other shopping updates, a few weeks ago I blogged about the 2 new Blue Moon Beads collections: Manor House and Varnish. Further research has informed me that Michaels is due to get 3 new collections: another Blue Moon Beads one called Tokens. Then one called Faux Show and another from Jill McKay. Happy bead shopping to all!

2 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

here's a link to one of my button pieces that I posted on my blog.
http://lorelei1141.blogspot.com/2009/01/january-art-bead-scene-challenge.html
Thanks for mentioning me today!! You found some awesome pieces, I love those 3 necklaces!

peacockfairy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

No problem Lorelei! I can't wait to hear all about the cruise when you get back! :-)