Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nothing too exciting....

It's been kindof a blah week, and I don't have anything new and exciting to report. Not to mention, my evening last night didn't quite go as I thought it would. I was looking forward to a relaxing evening where Jon was going to work on homework and I was going to work on jewelry. But instead, we came home to a sick dog. My poor little Biscuit made a #2 mess in his cage for only the second time in the year and a half we've owned him. Needless to say, it was not under his control if you know what I mean. First up was a bath for him. Then, his little dog bed and blanket were beyond washable so they got thrown away. Luckily, his cage has a solid plastic tray like bottom so it stayed contained. But as I was bringing it into the bathtub to wash, he made another mess on our 5 x 7 kitchen rug. *Sigh* Not a huge loss as we buy an inexpensive new rug for that area every couple of years and that one was about 2 years old, but still. We had to keep an eye on him the rest of the night and he is still having problems this morning. He ate and drank heartily last night so we are not too worried yet.

I guess one little fun thing I can talk about is the new container I got at Joann's! A few days ago, I talked about storage/transport of scrapbooking things - now I bought something for jewelry. It's a sewing basket actually, but I am using it for portable jewelry making. I just had to have it with the peacock fabric and all, but also used a 40% coupon on it! I met with a client on Monday to discuss a necklace design, and it fit the tools/supplies/beads I needed perfectly! It has a little pull out plastic tray and a roomy bottom. Hmmmm, I'm thinking maybe I could bring little projects to work for my lunch hour - that might be one way to get my beading fix on a daily basis!
I can also look forward to looking for a new kitchen rug. I was actually thinking of changing it up a bit and maybe doing a runner coming in the door and a runner along the cooking area. I am already feeling antsy about spring cleaning.......

No comments: