Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Get the Look for Less : Shein

 I'm sure we've all been scrolling and can't help but notice ads from places like Shein and Chicwish. They catch our eye because they are peddling the most recent trendy items - for a lot less. In turn, I'm sure we've also seen the parody pictures from people who have ordered from these type of sites and the item arrives and it is completely ridiculous. So we ask ourselves - should I take a chance?
Last Summer, I was eyeing up a Hutch wrap dress at Anthropologie with this same print. I ended up ordering it on sale, but did not like how it looked on me. I want to say at full price it was at least $150. So when I saw the print featured on Shein in a button up style, at a mere $17, I decided to take a chance. I knew sizing on these sites ran small so I went with an XL. As you can see, the buttons are pulling across the chest (and I'm a B cup). You might remember from the button up dresses I bought last summer, I will often sew the front plackets closed to prevent gaps (or some dresses might already come with this done). That only works if there is elastic across the back so that you can pull it over your head to get it on. This one does not have that so I am brainstorming on what to do. Taking it to a tailor is an option, but until then I will manage. I thought about doing my trick of wearing a tee over it and knotting the waist. Could also wear a tee under it for my 90's look. Jean jackets and cardigans for cooler temps. There is both black and brown in the print so double options there for sandals and belts! I'm glad I gave this a try, even though Michigan isn't very tropical!

Tropical Leaf Print Buttoned Maxi Dress - Shein
 Simply Vera Sunglasses - Kohl's
Sonoma Braided Belt - Kohl's
Seychelles Sandals - Anthropologie

No comments: