Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Peacock Surroundings

Right around Thanksgiving, a lovely Instagram friend sent me a link to this gorgeous sweater. I am so thankful when people send me peacock items that I might have otherwise missed, as I am not really familiar with the store where this was purchased - Soft Surroundings. Thankful for all the holiday deals, I watched the site until I was happy enough with the price to order it. And then I knew it needed to be worn/photographed in a special location.
I've been frequenting The Palmer House hotel in Chicago a couple of times a year now for the past 10 years. You can read my first post about it here, which explains a lot of the history. Since discovering this gem of a place, I've been dedicated not only its history but the history of Chicago. I've watched a few documentaries, and read a few books, about the Palmers. Just imagining the city in the late 1800's and early 1900's, the influential business men, the World Fair, the mob, and serial killers is so intriguing. Pretty much every famous person during that time period performed here at The Empire Room!
This is the second year now that my Mom and I have gone for an overnight a few days after Christmas. Since we always bring the boys in mid-November for the start of the holiday season, it's....... exhausting to say the least. So it's nice to come to reward ourselves for all that we do for our families all year long. It might just become an annual thing now. The Palmer House truly feels like a second home to me! I always think about doing outfit photos in the city, but with the kids I am usually dressing for comfort and it would be too hard to focus on pictures while watching them.
So, back to the sweater - it truly is a well made statement piece with so many styling options. Per usual, I'll also be pairing it with jeans, over dresses, etc.....

 Verona Sweater Coat - Soft Surroundings
Black Leggings - Amazon
Sonoma Shell - Kohl's
Necklace - Anthropologie


No comments: