Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Extra! Extra! The Silver Lining.


 A few weeks ago, I got the first flat tire I've had in about 20 years. That's a pretty good track record! Luckily, I was only a few miles from my house so I was not stranded and able to limp my car home to put the spare on. Unfortunately, the new tires I put on my car just about a year ago were discontinued. Since I did not want to put all new tires on my car again, my husband helped me find a comparable option and I was set to have the one replaced at a shop that Saturday. I have to admit, during this busy time of year I was not thrilled about going to a busy Ann Arbor shopping area on a Saturday. I try to do a lot of my shopping during the week - on my lunch hour or in the evenings - when it's not so busy. I set out that morning with my oldest son, and since the flat tire was already off my car it was nice not to have to wait while they put the new one on. We dropped it off and set out to hit up TJ Maxx and Steinmart - both locations I had been wanting to get to for a while, but never had a reason or time to get to. It ended up being such a pleasant day, which is the silver lining in an unexpected repair. The weather was great, the stores weren't too crowded, Richard & I had fun together, and lunched at McD's.
 I've been wanting a newspaper piece for quite some time now - maybe ever since Carrie Bradshaw's iconic Dior dress that was shown in the series and then reappeared in the second movie. I think every designer has done a newspaper print at some point.... this current season DVF and Moschino have it. But all those pieces are hundreds of dollars that I am not willing to spend. So imagine how excited I was to find this at Steinmart! Coming in at only $60, it is so well made and versatile! It zips up the front, has inside pulls to define the waist, and has pockets. I guess you'd call this a tulip hem, and it has some gathers on the sides. So of course I had to show a few different ways I've styled it so far. You can wear it open over all black!
 You can zip it up with some tights as a dress!
 And, if you want a little more definition besides the pullies (don't know what else to call them) or more accessorizing, you can belt it!
 Steinmart has several newspaper pieces on their site if it's a print you are interested in, but here is the link to this specific piece:
I wish my photo locations were more interesting..... I do like to have a variety of backdrops, but I have to take what I can get with the weather and daylight (which I complain about every year I've blogged)!

No comments: