Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Pumpkin Print

I'm not really one to gravitate toward a season or holiday specific piece of clothing, because I like to have the majority of my clothing be considered "year round". I have very few items that fall into hardcore categories, and if you've followed me for any amount of time you know I love the challenge of putting outfits together for all kinds of weather. But when I saw this cute pumpkin top (actually, they are more like small gourds) from Modcloth, I couldn't resist! The watercolor like print is so pretty, and as the stereotype goes for my gender/age, I LOVE Fall. So, I set out to come up with several ways to get the most out of this blouse over the next few weeks.
I've been trying to be more creative with my skirts, by way of graphic tees or pattern mixing. This ombre velvet skirt is from Modcloth too, and last year I played it safe with basic black. The colors are a perfect pairing for this top though and I am liking the addition of a belt to hide the elastic waist and make things look more put together.
Velvet Skirt : Modcloth
Sonoma Belt : Kohl's
Booties : Target
The top is a flowy style, which I love, and here I paired it with some dark wash straight leg jeans. In an effort to get away from my usual brown or black footwear, I pulled out these purple heels I've had for a while. With so many colors in the top, I had several sweater options for layering, but I choose a purple duster (which unfortunately looks more pink in the photos). We've been having those days where you need a layer in the morning but by afternoon it is gorgeous!
Sofft Heels : old
Bongo Duster : Sears (budget option to the LuLaRoe Sarah or Free People one)



As much as I love a flowy top, I often try belting as an option to create a peplum silhouette. I went with a lighter wash skinny jean here, and brown flats to match the belt.
Belt : Took off an old dress
Universal Thread "Wenda" Flats : Target (Free People dupe)
Here's a few more ideas...... it would go with either my burgundy (AE) or olive (Talbots) jeans. If I were to pair it with colored pants, I would then top it with a denim jacket.

 Besides the duster shown above, I think any of the chenille cardigans I posted about last year would top it off nicely! Chenille is so perfect for Fall!
 


2 comments:

Marsha said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love each and every one of these looks! These are my colors, too. I just might have to get that top!

peacockfairy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You should get it! I am so glad I did!