Wednesday, October 16, 2019

How the Midwest does Paris

This luxurious velvet skirt is by a Parisian designer - Mes Demoiselles - that I had not been acquainted with yet. When I saw it at Anthropologie, I predicted it would sell out fast (I was right). It was a splurge that I used my birthday discount and birthday money on. 
Is it a bit dressy and out of place for someone who lives in a small town in Michigan? Yes. Are the colors a bit garish? Yes. Then it's right up my alley! LOL!
With colors of mustard, hot pink, electric blue and deep green I was already putting ideas together in my head. Anytime I want to dress down a fancy piece, I think of a denim jacket, t-shirt, chambray shirt, etc.... I kept it pretty low key here with an olive shell that would match my olive booties. 
Mes Demoiselles Skirt : Anthropologie
Sonoma Shell and Booties : Kohl's (old)
Jean Jacket : TJ Maxx (old)
I love coming up with several ways to wear something, but realize it's too hard to photograph every instance I wear it and only change out one or two pieces. So I think I'll try to keep up with these flat lay options. I am a firm believer in having a good base of layering pieces - for instance these Sonoma shells I bought in every color a few years ago....... chenille cardigans and long dusters bought in multiple colors. It may seem like a lot, but I'm telling you your mix and match options are going to be endless. I know many people are into neutrals so they can always match, so I hope this proves you can love COLOR and have lots of options too! First up I'm going with a hot pink shell and then olive topper. The cropped jacket will give it very much the same silhouette as I am wearing above.
Same hot pink shell but a teal sweater.
Electric blue shell with mustard sweater (the blue is a much closer match to the skirt in person - hard to photograph).


No comments: