Thursday, October 17, 2019

inVESTed in velvet

My Mom and Dad gave me this pretty peacock vest for my birthday last month, and I've already come up with two fun ways to wear it! It is definitely a unique wearable art piece in velvet with bead accents.
First up I wore it over this cute black swing dress from Old Navy. I wanted to find a dress that was long sleeved and the same length as the vest, and for $20 it was a no brainer. I can easily add tights to this look when the snow flies, and change out the booties to flat or heels depending on where I am going. The vest has a single button so it can be worn open or closed.
Aris A. Peacock Beaded Velvet Vest : Steinmart (my Mom's fav store)
Maris Booties : Sole Society (old)


A more common look for these flowy toppers, kimonos, or long cardigans is skinny jeans and a top. I went all black but you could easily experiment with blue jeans and colored tops. I have flats on here but they can be changed out too!
Aris A. Peacock Beaded Velvet Vest : Steinmart (my Mom's fav store)
Apt 9 Top, Rock & Republic High Roller Jeans : Kohl's (old)
Black Flats : Walmart






No comments: