Thursday, January 31, 2019

Loft Peacock Roundup

I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing about it by now, but my part of the country is having record breaking low temps this week! Obviously, this means no outfit pictures. So to beat the cabin fever, I came up with a few posts I could put together that would involve inside pictures, or pictures I already had.
 
The Loft has been one of my go-to places for peacock pieces, so I figured I would do a round up of looks dating back to 2015. I blog for a hobby, but many people I follow on Blogger or Instagram do this for a living. I am finding that I am getting sick of seeing the same thing over and over. I totally get that they are always promoting new merchandise because every person who clicks on that or purchases that, they get a commission for. But seriously, one girl gets a knit hat with a fur pom on the top and they all get a knit hat with a fur pom on top. One girl gets ultra expensive Golden Goose sneakers, and now 2 other girls I follow get them??? I mean, I am even seeing the same poses, same makeup, and same hairstyles! There is one thing I will always be, and that is authentic. This is how I look everyday and these are the clothes I wear everyday (even if they are 5 years old)! It's easy to get down on yourself when you compare what you are doing with others, but I keep reminding myself that this is for my own creative outlet. And, it makes me appreciate the gals I follow who are like minded.
 
Okay, enough ranting. The pic below is from Pinterest, but I wore this same combo today featuring a peacock blouse from The Loft! Mine is a little less polished because I have a grey cardigan instead of a blazer, but this is something I probably would not have put together on my own (I would have never thought of the grey).
 Pretty much the exact same outfit was featured in my Chenille Crush post - just swapped out the grey sweater for a red one.
 Speaking of chenille, I got the teal number from this post AFTER I had done my Chenille Crush post. So yeah, that makes 5 chenille sweaters. This look features another peacock blouse from The Loft.
 The blouse above and this dress are the same print, just in different colorways. I felt they were different enough to purchase both. You can see the original dress post here.
 I LOVE the sweater from this post.
I NEED to repeat this outfit soon! Another pretty blouse originally shown here. 
Last week, I wore this comfy Loft sweatshirt with jeans. I love the beading and tassel detail on the peacock! This delicate little gemstone necklace from Anthropologie (from Mom for Christmas) is perfect because it doesn't take away from the design of the top.
I love throwing on this Loft sweatshirt too whenever I am stumped for something to wear. See original post here.

No comments: