Thursday, January 17, 2019

Shimmery Sale!

I love peacocks. I also have an affection for velvet. So when I saw this skirt it immediately reminded me of a peacock feather. If you've ever inspected a peacock feather up close, you will know that it is velvety and shimmery. The ombre colors on this are so gorgeous!
I didn't really have exact color matches, so I played it safe and went with black and added a beaded peacock feather necklace I made a long time ago. I know I've complained about it here before - the tights versus no tights argument - and I really feel that on midi length skirts or dresses the addition of tights make your legs look stumpy. In addition, I usually don't wear flats with tights - again I think it adds to the stumpy - but the weather is making those decisions for me. 
Most everything I've been posting recently has been/will be items I've purchased on super sale as we all know it's prime clearance season for retailers. Modcloth is currently offering an extra 40% off sale items! I think it's for another day or so. This is the Aesthetic Honesty Velvet Midi Skirt.


No comments: