Thursday, March 1, 2018

Optical Illusion

This dress photographed really crazy! And since I am a "point and shoot" picture taker, and very limited on editing, I don't know how to fix this. But, I figured I would go ahead and do a post anyway! Even the product shots of this dress on the website have a little bit of this effect. It's because the black and white stripe is tiny! I took a close up picture of the fabric further down.
 I have several black/white striped dresses, but this one drew me in because of the micro-stripe, the maxi length and the long sleeves. The majority of my dresses are sleeveless or short sleeved, so I have to wear a jacket or sweater over them in cooler months. It's nice to simplify here with no layers. Also, this dress is knit, so super comfy! I got this on a recent trip to Chicago, while Anthropologie had the extra 40% off sale items. I like to accessorize black/white with brown, so I did that with the belt and boots.
 Getting back to Chicago, I took the train to meet my Mom for the day. We were going to lunch, a show, and light shopping. This is the second time within the past year I've taken the train - alone - to meet her and can I just say it's one of my favorite things to do! It is so relaxing to get on a train and have those hours of quiet time - more relaxing than a plane for sure. I usually have coffee and book in hand. Speaking of books, and Chicago, this is what I am reading right now and it is so interesting! It's actually two stories, about 2 very different men, and it's all true! One man is in charge of building the 1893 Chicago World's Fair, and another is a serial killer who uses the fair to lure women to the city for his "habit". To think about living during this time, and learning about what it takes to build these amazing buildings - so cool.
Quadrivium Belt - Anthropologie (old)
St. Johns Bay Jacket - JC Penney

No comments: