Friday, October 10, 2014

Perfect Pregnancy Poncho

When I was newly pregnant with Richard, I was in Chicago and saw this pregnant gal with a poncho on. She looked so chic! I made a note to try to find one like hers but never got around to it. This time around, I thought of it again and did some random looking online. But I knew with Fall coming the stores would soon be flooded with several styles to choose from - all kinds of ponchos, shawls and wraps.
 
Last Friday, my friend Barb showed up to work in a lovely burgundy number! I immediately asked her where she got it - Macy's. I ran out there after work and opted for the grey one. The features I love about it are the turtleneck, the fitted wrists (to help balance out the volume), the little buttons on the wrists, and the fact that it was not too heavy of a knit. This non-maternity piece is great before AND after baby. I know I will wear it for years! You can't go wrong with skinny jeans and boots for an effortless (and comfy) chilly weather look. Since the front is a blank canvas, I tried on a few necklaces with it but I kind of prefer it plain. I wore this into the office, the same day my co-workers threw me a wonderful "baby shower/soon to be last day of work" luncheon.




Alfani Poncho : Macy's
Jeans and Grey Tank underneath : Motherhood Maternity
Bare Traps "Armandy" Boots : Macy's
Sunglasses : Zulily
 
Photos by Lisa


1 comment:

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I loventhe poncho! And you can wear it after baby, too. The color you picked up is perfect! I never would have thought to wear a poncho while pregnant. It is genius. You look great!

Jenni