Thursday, May 8, 2014

Throwback Thursday

Since Throwback Thursday (#tbt) is pretty popular on Facebook, I figured why not do the same on the blog? There are a lot of outfit pictures that I don't post - mostly because I am just not "feeling it" at the exact time I wore the clothes. These pictures were taken last August and while I love the first one for being nice and bright, the lighting in the others is not so great. Now that it is almost weather appropriate for this dress again, I figured I would post it. Not only that, but because Anthropologie has come out with another version of this dress for the 2014 season.
 
Last year, this was Moulinette Souers "Rosamund Midi Dress". What first drew me to it was the gorgeous color palette. I feel like this shade of green was a huge color for me last year as I bought this dress, these sandals (Target), and jeans all in the same tone. I was lucky that I already had the little green shrug (Old Navy) from a few years earlier. I also loved the vines and huge flowers.
 
Then, upon closer inspection I really liked the unique neckline. I have it covered up here, but when you look at the 2014 version you will see what I mean. It has regular straps, as well as a halter strap, giving a really classic and retro look. This particular day, my hubby and one of our dogs met me downtown for my lunch break and we went to the Farmer's Market and ate in the park while listening to live music. I wore this dress to the bridal shower I threw for my dear friend, and also on the date Jon and I went on for our 11th Anniversary (dinner and theatre - A Midsummer Night's Dream). Needless to say, it was well worth it's purchase! Oh, and the necklace I am wearing is one of my tin creations.
 
Without further ado, here is the new dress - the Annona Midi Dress. It is in another wonderfully bold floral print. I am glad when Anthro develops a successful design that they keep bringing it back. I highly recommend this dress! 




Linking up with The Pleated Poppy!

4 comments:

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this outfit post. I am glad you waited to post it, because now I get to see it right when Spring is here. I love the green colors! That necklace is so beautiful. And it goes perfectly with that dress. I like the lighting in the pictures. You look so soft and pretty. Like nightfall is beginning and you are walking ahead of it.

Jenni

Jessica Jannenga said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow. Love everything about your outfit. The necklace is so neat. Very unique. I really need green in my wardrobe, and your dress and cardi are beautiful on you

Please stop by
Jess
http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Rachel said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm totally loving that dress! The floral pattern makes it really stand out!

Whimsical Preppy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That dress is gorgeous and I love the backgrounds that you chose for these photos.
Have a great night,
Stacey