Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Two Mondays, Two Looks, Same Dress

I'd been on the hunt for a white sundress for some time, and recently found one at Sears of all places! I was inspired to look there after a fellow blogger friend posted some of her cute Lands End finds. This linen/cotton blend beauty is from Lands End as well and was on the clearance rack. An additional 30% off sealed the deal.The length is perfect and I love that the top is not too revealing (it has nice wide straps which you can't see).

Wearing the dress alone is great, but these are 2 work looks that I've worn the past couple of Mondays. The first one was featured on the Effortless Anthropologie blog because of the Angel of the North Melodious Cardigan I am wearing with it. I got that sweater on sale when I was in Chicago in the Spring. It's the most perfect shade of aqua blue that is probably my favorite color. It goes great with so many things in my closet.

And speaking of Effortless Anthropologie..... if you would be so kind as to cast your vote on one of the 5 photos I submitted of store inspiration, that would be great. These pictures come from the Chicago and Milwaukee stores. You can vote here until August 1st. 
This look features a key print cardigan from CAbi, which is a home catalog shopping company. I am wearing the key necklace I created to match it which you might remember from this post. Have you ever shopped for clothing from a home type catalog party? I have found they are great resources. The 2 that I know of as my go-to's are CAbi and Matlida Jane. A good tip about them? The consultants will often offer up their samples once the season is over at great discounts (like 40% off). Don't have a local consultant hookup? Search on eBay and you'll probably have luck in finding the pieces you love as the consultants will often list there too.

No comments: