Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mother

I put to use some of my Bead & Button purchases the other night. The "mother" pendant is from Detroit gal Melanie of Earthenwood Studio. I had seen that she was making these on her blog and was happy to know that she was bringing some to Milwaukee with her. I love the pale greenish blue color that I selected. I bought some peanut beads in the same color (and in a few other colors) from Amanda at the Funky Hannah's booth. I like to support the bead store from my hometown of Racine! I have wanted to try these fun shaped beads for quite some time now, and I can certainly see how one can get hooked! I love the texture they provide, and how they give a little more weight than using seed beads. Lastly, I used these pretty leaf links that are mother-of-pearl shells. How appropriate in keeping with the "mother" theme.

This necklace is long enough to pull over the head for ease in completing your look as you head out the door!

No comments: