Monday, July 2, 2012

Wearing Red, White & Blue

Here's my weekly outfit for the Effortless Anthropologie blog....... How fitting that it is also red, white and blue for this week's holiday! Here I am wearing the Painted Peacock Tee from One September (Anthro), a necklace that I made, and some white crop pants.

This shirt is so awesome! When I was in Milwaukee for Bead & Button I couldn't resist treating myself at the Anthro there. It's the most lightweight and soft fabric that you will hardly know you have anything on. The back has a cute cutout detail too. The peacocks are very subtle in the watercolor floral print. I wore the same top/necklace combo to the show one of the days too with jeans.

You can see the post I did several years ago about making this necklace here. It had many admirers at Bead & Button. It's made from an old men's tie and some really large hole beads that I was stumped with for a while. I know in my previous post I mentioned I was daunted by the whole knotting thing.... but when it comes to something this large scale, I can handle it!

No comments: