Monday, July 26, 2010

Matchy, Matchy


The art of dressing is something I take very seriously. It's in the way I was raised, and I am thankful for that. All my life, I have been in environments that require me to dress a certain way. As a little girl, I loved dresses and any occasion that would allow me to wear one. I went to Catholic schools and even though the first 8 years were in uniform, in high school we got to wear "real" clothes although they had to be very nice (no jeans). Now, I am in the corporate world, trying to express my artsy self amongst a mostly conservative atmosphere.
Dressing down is hard for me. Even when I wear jeans, I pair them with a nice top. And sneakers? To me, those only belong in the gym. Don't get me wrong, I am still very comfortable in what I wear. But this society where people think it's okay to wear their pajama pants to the grocery store just boggles my mind!
I gravitate towards unique clothes, especially when it comes to prints. You can probably guess that the majority of my clothes have peacock themed prints - and you're right! There are also owls and florals, and most recently - keys! I found this cute cardigan and wanted to make a necklace to match it. I did something similar last year for a key blouse I have. The design is very simple - just altering 2 different types of beads - brass rounds and some vintage glass from Heather Wynn's destash. I just love those little window beads - brown on the inside with a speckled yellow and green on the outside. I am so glad I found such a great match! The key is from Tim Holtz. This will be the perfect combo come Fall!

1 comment:

Silver Parrot said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Okay, that is so cute I can't stand it! Also, I'm glad someone else out there has the "matchy-matchy" compulsion ;-) I think mine comes from being raised with the idea that one's shoes, bag and hemline all had to match.