Saturday, July 24, 2010

fulFILLED

There is a vast variety of components available these days, that allows jewelry designers to create their own pendants or focals. Empty bezels or frames to fill with paper, photos, resin, etc...



I like to seek out options that give me more room for larger objects, and here are two examples. I got this locket from Jill McKay at Bead & Button. Each side is domed so it is like a "bubble" to fill up with goodies. Last night, I filled it up with some twigs, faux mossy vines, and a cute gnome from Humblebeads.
I love how the silver frame all around it has a sort of bark texture to it. For right now, I just put it on a simple brown cord. I tend to keep the stringing material for interesting focals like these quite simple. It's a longer, over the head, necklace.

Next up, is an empty pocket watch which I filled with some tiny corals, shells, and sand I got on my trip to Belize this past Spring. Wading through the water, finding these little treasures, is something I will always remember. I wish I was there right now!
This too, is a long (over the head) necklace just using some chain.

What do you think of these? What would you fill these fun "containers" with?

No comments: