Monday, March 15, 2010

Have I mentioned how much I love Target?

I did some shopping this weekend.... more than I normally do. But, I rationalized it with the thought that I just got a promotion at work - let's celebrate!!! Plus, I needed a few new things for my upcoming trip to Belize. Ummm, yeah, those are the reasons......

Target is my most absolute favorite store! If I was told I could only shop at one store for the rest of my life, I would pick Target. Some may argue that it is just another big box store selling wares made anywhere but here, but I don't see them as trying to take over the world like a similar store that starts with a W, not to name names or anything.

I love that I can get multiple items in one stop. An otherwise boring trip to get soap might be brightened up with a new candle for the house. Or jumping for joy when I discovered sweet potato fries in their freezer section. Over the years, I have had many wonderful peacock and owl finds there. But nothing could compare to the fun I had this weekend......

The launch of Liberty of London!!!

Among all the cute floral prints, are a few peacock prints!!! I got this swimsuit (has a detachable strap).
I can throw a sweater or jacket over this pretty top for work.

I am so excited to wear this dress to dinner one night on our trip!

I am wearing this cute top today!

I wasn't sure about this ruffled dress at first, since I carry all of my weight in my hips, but since the ruffles start right under the bust line it is cute, cute, cute!!! Again, I could throw something over this for work and also wear it on the trip.

I tried to make myself only choose one item from each of the two prints, but because the pieces were so different and diverse I just couldn't. I also got some boxers in the black print to pair with a tank for summer pajamas. They also had some cute house ware items like pillows and frames, but I was able to control myself more in that area.

I got this cute hobo there a few weeks ago, unrelated to the Liberty stuff.
All photos courtesy of Target.com
And lastly, I raided their jewelry department. I especially love this @ttract brand they have there. Kohl's has a similar brand called Axcess I believe. I can find peacock and owl things within those lines from time to time and both lines have a very earthy/hippie vibe. This feather bangle has elastic in it for easy on and off - most comfortable! I love the long matching necklace that is actually a locket. That owl is a ring - so cool! And not pictured is a long chain with tons of tiny owls and leaves on it that I am actually in the process of taking apart and putting into a jewelry design.
Thanks for listening to my love affair with Target. Are you excited about the new Liberty line? What are you going to buy?

4 comments:

TesoriTrovati said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love it!
And I love Target too! (Although I haven't been there much of late).
I love that you are taking apart their jewelry for your own designs. I do that too!
And here is a link to an Etsy seller with multiple peacock things, that I thought of you...
Check out this cool peacock locket!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=42690627&ref=sr_gallery_3&&ga_search_query=peacock+locket&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Marie Cramp said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am soooo jealous!! I love Target, but we don't have one!! I don't even know if there are any in Canada yet {fingers crossed}
That long dress is amazing!! I would LOVE something like that. You are going to be a knockout on your trip :)

peacockfairy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for the link Erin - very cool peacock stuff!

Marie - is ordering online a possibility for you?

Vintage Blue Studio said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I went to a Target near me that has been closed for a week due to flooding in NJ. Well, they had almost everything still left in the Liberty clothing line so I managed to score an awesome sheath dress and that same halter you bought but in a different pattern! Looooove Target!