Saturday, March 20, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

I am taking the Amtrak to Chicago this weekend, and meeting my Mom, future sis-in-law, and nephew there (they are taking the train from Wisconsin). Kaylan's birthday is Monday, and my Mom's birthday is Friday so it is somewhat of a celebration. We are going to take Cody to Shedd Aquarium - one of my favorite places. I am looking forward to relaxing on the train, and reading a new book.

I wanted to show the pieces I made for Mom and Kaylan's gifts. My Mom admired the rosaries I made for my Grandparents for Christmas so much, I knew immediately I was going to make her one for her birthday. I love blue and brown together, so that is the combo here. I used some glass window beads, and then some vintage looking floral beads. I love the old world look that was achieved when paired with the brass findings.
For Kaylan, I used one of the new Green Girl Studios pewter owl charms. I had this wire wrapped chain from Michaels with the black rounds and silver dangles, and I liked how the elongated charm went along perfectly with the shape of the dangles. This one goes over the head for lightweight, easy wear. Sometimes, simple is so, so good!

I'll post pics when I get back - have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jennifer Hepler-Takens said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Make sure to take wet wipes- everything on the train has this dirty feel to it...: ) Have a wonderful time!