Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chicago - Part 2

So besides swooning over the hotel, I did do some other things while in Chicago. Once I arrived, it was lunch time. So we walked over to the very first Marshall Field's (now owned by Macy's) on State Street. This flagship store is 8 floors of shopping pleasure, and on the 7th floor is their famed restaurant The Walnut Room. I don't even need to look at the menu here - I always order Mrs. Herring's Chicken Pot Pie - a staple they have served since their beginning. My Mom and I split a piece of Frango Mint Cheesecake for dessert. Again, if you are familiar with Marshall Field's, you know their signature Frango Mints! Yum!



Then, we hit a few stores on the walk back to the hotel. Here's Cody goofing around at Nordstrom Rack, trying on broken discount sunglasses!

After shopping and relaxing, we headed to The Berghoff, another historical Chicago destination. I usually always get the same thing here too - they are known for their Weinerschnitzel and own brand of root beer. Not wanting to nap during the exciting day, Cody slept really well as soon as we got back to the room!
We got up early Sunday morning and had breakfast at the hotel. Then we headed to Shedd Aquarium. I have always loved going to the Shedd. When I was young, I wanted to be a marine biologist. Cody got his face painted!

Here's a pic of the 4 of us, waiting for the Fantasea show.

After the Shedd, we all had to part way and get on our trains to go home. I left with 2 smooshed pennies in my wallet to add to my necklace!

No comments: