The first one I made was simply wire wrapped, and I auctioned it off on eBay last month for the Art Center. I had wanted to get at least one more done for that auction, but it just didn't happen until now.
For this one, I used a flower ring I already had. I remember purchasing this ring with a friend of mine in high school back in the day when you still had to physically order from catalogs. Like in... sending a check in and everything - before the internet was really mainstream. It had a little yellow glass stone in the center which I popped out. I nipped the shank off the back of the button and used jeweler's cement to adhere the skull to the flower.
I also had this nice silver band that I had bought long ago with the intention of doing a peyote stitch around it, after seeing some rings done up like that right after I learned how to do peyote. Well, once you have the woven beads, you can weave most anything onto them so sewing the last button I had onto it worked out great! And, I am willing to share again - this ring is now listed on Etsy.