Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Get The Look For Less : Side Hustle?

I've posted many of these deals already, as I wear them, but thought I would group them (and some new ones you'll see me in soon) all together as I am doing a bit of brainstorming. If you've followed me for a long time, you know that I am no stranger to a side hustle to my full time job. When I started this blog, it was to show my handmade jewelry - which I sold at art shows and Etsy - while also publishing projects in jewelry magazines. This time period, I feel, was the height of handmade jewelry and blogging..... before other social media platforms came along to compete with blogging and put magazines out of business. It could also be super competitive within the industry, and I remember starting to design things that I thought would "sell" or get selected to be published, all the while hoping my designs didn't look too much like someone else's, which started to take the fun out of it. I really do miss a lot of aspects of it though.

Fast forward a few years, when my friend and I decided to split a booth rental at a local antique shop. We LOVED thrifting to find things to sell, as well as offering handmade things. We did that for about a year until life and kids took over more and more of our free time.

So now, here I am feeling the itch of doing something again. Should I rent a booth again somewhere? If so, could I incorporate my passion for fashion into it? Should I buy up good designer deals when I see them and resell them for a small profit? I know people have done this on eBay and Poshmark for a long time. Or, would it be possible to be a personal shopper and make money at it? Until I decide, enjoy these finds (will provide links when I can)!

The first 4 items are from TJ Maxx. This $99 dress for $19.99

 This $172 dress for $39.99 (Wrap dress by same brand online)
These $125 sneakers for $29.99
 These $89.95 loafers for $12.99
 
 Up next, we have some Walmart finds. I have never owned a pair of Tevas, but they are apparently trendy again along with all of the other footwear of my high school years (Birkenstocks, Vans, Doc Martins, etc....). I thought this multicolored pair was cute, especially for $9.98. And then when I got home and looked them up, I saw the real deal is $50!

You can find Birkenstock dupes at almost any store, but they are usually the traditional 2 strap design. Walmart, however, does get into some of the other styles. Last year, they were selling the big buckle Madrid (I couldn't find any in store, so I ended up buying the real deal which I couldn't be happier about because I LOVE them and wear them all the time). This year, I saw a dupe of the big buckle Siena there! Real deal retails for $140, so you can't beat $14.98! Gold is a neutral that will go with most anything, but I do have quite a few pieces of clothing with gold in them that I am planning on wearing these with.

Most stores are also carrying basic tiered dresses again for $30 or less. Target, Walmart, and pictured below is the same eyelet trimmed one I bought last year at Meijer. Last year, they only had black but this year they have black and this pretty blue color. When I saw them, they were on sale for $18. Last year, I had a blast doing a DIY bleach tie dye job on one of my solid colored ones, so keep that in mind too with these prices! I am sort of itching to do that again.....



 

2 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Can you please link the blue eyelet maxi dress? Thank you!

peacockfairy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi - I've added two links to the post for the eyelet dress. The brand is Jack & Avery and you can find them in store at Meijer stores.