Friday, April 9, 2021

Tiles & Pottery Shards

 When I saw this tile print skirt at Anthropologie, I was in love. I have always loved colorful tiles and dreamed of having them in my home (I guess the right project hasn't come along.... yet). I recently got a chunky charmy chain necklace from Buru that matched great, but then with the predominant blue & white patterns I thought back to my pottery shard necklace which dates back about 20 years! I love how these look layered and kept the rest of the outfit simple with a white tee and denim jacket. It felt great to be wearing my Birkenstock big buckle Madrids again! The fabric on this skirt gathers at the center of the waist and has a slit - on the website this was shown on the front and I did not like the look of that. Put it on backwards and we have a winner! Those details look great on the backside!

Okay, so in my past life I made and sold jewelry. You might remember the pottery shard necklace trend from about 20 years ago. When it exploded, it was hard to find the pendants to create with, but I finally snagged some. Even after the trend died down, I knew I was going to continue to love these pieces (clearly, here we are in 2021) as I feel they are classic boho. The pic below is a few pieces I photographed for the ole blog here in 2011 (including the necklace I am wearing today).

In 2012, I took the blue/white pendant off (easy to interchange into different necklaces with jump rings) to create this necklace around a dress I had gotten at Anthropologie (the Beach Treasures dress). The photographic print showed beach glass, driftwood, shells and pottery.


Tiled Midi Skirt - Anthropologie

Matching Tiled Shirt (if you want separates that match, or you like a shirt more than a skirt)

Charm Necklace - BURU

No comments: