Monday, July 20, 2020

Fishing for Fun

 We're all dealing with most of our Summer activities/traditions being cancelled. One of ours was the weekly music fest in Chelsea (the town in my last post). It was fun to look forward to Thursday evenings after work - wandering around town listening to several live performances scattered throughout, grabbing something to eat, and taking part in kid attractions like balloon animals and face painting. I knew another local town - Manchester - did something like this on Thursdays as well and always wanted to check it out, but we'd always been loyal to Chelsea.
 This past Thursday, I saw Manchester was still putting this event on (they do it the 3rd Thursday of every month) so we checked it out. In the almost 6 years we've lived here, we have never been to Manchester. What a delight! We went on a hayride around town, checked out some shops I've long wanted to visit (one consignment shop was called The Sassy Peacock), visited their historical museum, and toured their blacksmith shop. Everything was very safe - good distance outdoors and masks indoors. Their riverfront walk was the highlight though and perfect for my fish pants! Are you "fishing for fun" things to do this Summer to make up for what you are missing?
 I must admit this was a "lazy" outfit as I pretty much just switched out the pants from my previous outfit. Same tee and sandals here, but I did add a few stretchy beaded bracelets. I LOVE jewelry and have some great statement necklaces that would have gone with my previous patchwork pants and these fish pants. But when it is so hot I tend to not wear jewelry. These pants are from the Brazilian brand Farm Rio, which I have long loved. You can always rely on them for colorful, unique, bold prints. These joggers are like wearing pajamas and I like the ever trendy paper bag waist detail!
 Farm Rio Sealife Joggers - Anthropologie
Seychelles Sandals - Anthropologie (old)
Massini Tee - Meijer (old)
Simply Vera Sunglasses - Kohl's

No comments: