Thursday, April 4, 2019

Wanderlust

Please disregard my odd hair color and roots. Hopefully it will be fixed next Thursday. I know it sounds silly, but when things are off I don't feel like myself. And I am not just talking about appearances - I am realizing that January, February and March are not good months for me and this year they seemed especially hard. They are always plagued with sickness - I started the new year with strep throat, all 4 of us had a stomach bug at some point, and Carson had a ear infection last week. They are always plagued with bad weather - this year we had several ice storms and days of record cold temperatures which caused school/daycare closings weekly. Everything just looks desolate and gross - it's dark when you go to work and dark when you get out. And, so I am not sugar coating anything, I am going to go ahead and say that I suffer from depression and anxiety. This is something that has gotten worse after having kids - and aging I suppose. Since I've been thinking about it a lot lately, I've realized that I am hearing the same thing from almost everyone I am in contact with - whether it be a close friend or simply another blogger I follow. It makes me wonder what is going on in our society that is causing this. I mean, I know it is more out in the open now to talk about but I think it is more than that. I think it's a mix of a lot of things which I hope I can articulate someday. But it makes me scared because I feel like it will be a constant struggle as I age.
 
The good news is, with the increase in daylight and hearing the birds in the morning, I am coming out of my fog. It feels good to blog again! Today I am showing off this cute new top I got from Anthropologie. Originally $68 it was marked down to $39.95 and then I got an extra 20% off. It keeps going in and out of stock online, so I will update this post with a link when I can. I love the jewel colored floral print!
Vanessa Virginia "Wanderlust" Top - Anthropologie
Nail Polish Painted Rhinestone Necklace - I made years ago
Gap Jean Jacket - consignment shop
Rock & Republic High Roller Jeans - Kohl's
Black Flats - Payless (RIP Payless!)
Sunglasses - Target


1 comment:

The Greenshields Family said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can so relate! Definitely a sufferer of SAD over here! Spring is here though now and we're finally breaking free of illness! Love the outfit, especially the shirt! ��