Monday, April 8, 2019

Michigan Monday

Today was our warmest day yet, but it's supposed to get cool and rainy again. Of course I wanted to bust out a dress but didn't want to look too out of season! I thought this black number with the jewel green and blue was a good compromise. My toes aren't ready for sandals yet, and of course I threw on a jean jacket, and it felt perfect. I sound like a broken record but I love greens and blues together because they remind me of peacocks! I have lots of clothing in these combos and I've found that chevron patterns are also very flattering. 
The weekend after Christmas my Mom and I spent a night in Chicago, and I found this dress at Macy's. The past few years, Macy's has changed their clearance layout. Rather than have the clearance racks within each department, they throw them all together in this "Last Act" type setting. Y'all know I'm no stranger to hunting through discount racks, but I have to say this setup is one of the messiest in my opinion. I mean, it's easier to find things at TJ Maxx! But I did manage to score this gem and after all discounts applied I think I paid under $20 for it! The top part of the dress is knit and the bottom is rayon so the fit is really good! I am wearing the black statement necklace I wore in my last post - I like how it fits perfectly into the v-neck. I rely on my staples so much so you'll see me wearing them in almost all posts - a handful of statement necklaces, jean jackets, black flats, favorite boots or sandals, same sunglasses, same jeans.
INC International Concepts Dress : Macy's
Necklace & Jean Jacket : TJ Maxx
Black Flats : Payless
Sunglasses : Target



No comments: