Saturday, April 6, 2019

Colors

A lot of people will give the advice that when you are shopping you should try to come up with several different ways you will wear something before deciding to purchase it. I can't say that I do that all of the time, but this top and the top from my last post are great examples of that. The top in my last post is sleeveless with many colors in it - so it will go with black jeans, blue jeans and I can wear it alone of with various colored sweaters or jackets over it. This colorful top I have already worn with black jeans and blue jeans and my next outfit will be with olive cargo pants (which I saw in store and looked really cute).
 
I first wore this a bit dressed up for jean Friday at work. I wore black flats and in keeping with the geometrical pattern I wore a black statement necklace with a very symmetrical bead placement. Since losing some weight recently, I've been needing some new jeans but I never like to spend a lot on denim because I feel they are one of the pieces that I fluctuate the most with. If you've been around for a while, you know I like high rise and I am glad they've stayed in style. While I do appreciate the stretch in jeans over the last few years, my grip now is that it's hard to find a pair that is just true denim and that's what I wanted this time around. I hadn't really had luck with Old Navy jeans in the past, but it seems they are working for me now. I recently bought 2 styles - one light wash and one dark wash. These light wash ones are the High-Rise Rockstar 24/7 Sculpt Super Skinny. They do have a little stretch but they are a thicker denim than others in the Rockstar line. 
For a weekend look, with the hottest weather we've had thus far, I paired the top with my black jeans and black waterproof faux Birkenstocks. I got these at Target last year but they still carry them and I've seen them at other stores (Kohl's for instance) as well. I'm thinking of doing a Target specific post soon which will include these. 
Blue Jean Outfit Details
Conditions Apply "Kynsa" Tunic : Anthropologie (I had Anthro perks % off + a gift card)
J. Crew Statement Necklace : TJ Maxx find years ago
Black Flats : Payless
Black Jean Outfit Details
Conditions Apply "Kynsa" Tunic : Anthropologie (I had Anthro perks % off + a gift card)
Rock & Republic High Roller Jeans : Kohl's

 Thank you for all who reached out to me on my last post regarding depression and anxiety. I am gathering thoughts on a more extensive post!



No comments: