Thursday, February 11, 2016

Peacocks Lately

Every once in a while, I like to do a post about recent peacock finds. It is usually spurred by an abnormal increase in seeing things, or finding something really off the wall. I am continually amazed at some of the peacock things that are made!

When I was at the post office a few months ago, I saw these stamps. That name looked so familiar! When I researched it, I knew why. Flannery O'Connor was an American author who was fond of all kinds of birds, owning and raising several including peacocks. 
I actually READ a book that had Flannery as a character a few summers ago! Poolside in Battle Creek...... I miss our pool sometimes.
And here are some others I've gotten since my last post about books: Beautiful Oblivion was another Meijer find (just like A Good Hard Look), and the other 2 were found at Salvation Army.
Cards are a popular find for me. From left to right, top to bottom: card my parents gave Jon for his birthday (funny), card I gave Jon for his birthday, congrats card from Menards (seriously, this is like the 3rd peacock card I've found at Menards - what is up?), card my parents gave me for my birthday, thank you cards from Target.
And a recent grocery store find I've stocked up on for the women in my life......
I have a lot of peacock Christmas decorations, and usually add a few new ones each year. Like this dapper fellow from Target.
I've always loved Jim Shore's work, and recently came into some new pieces courtesy of Kristen (maybe I'll do a post on all our pieces - when I saw "our", Richard has taken ownership of some). After Christmas though, I was at a local gift shop and happen across this peacock Santa! A peacock Santa was something I did not have yet, and I was pleasantly surprised he was included in the 50% off sale. A lot of times, collectors brands are not included in sales. It seemed like it was meant to be that I was there that day.
I spy a peacock on Carson's food! 
Lastly, over in the beauty department, I recently picked up this toothbrush and lip balm! Fun finds!

No comments: