Thursday, January 21, 2016

Get the look for less : Valentino Butterfly Tote

Ahhhh, butterflies! I have loved them for as long as I can remember. Valentino has had some gorgeous pieces in their collections the past few years. Dresses and coats scattered with embroidered wings, my favorite being an army like coat (I just love the contrast of the drab green with the pretty colors). I've honestly toyed around with the idea of trying to DIY this with a plain jacket and some butterfly patches. Anyway, just do a search on Pinterest for "Valentino Butterfly" and your eyes will thank you.

Since I don't have time for a DIY right now, I DID find some comparable bags to the Valentino version! The designer made several styles of bags, all ranging in the thousands, but I zero'd in on a tote style below.

SAVE: Bueno brand comes in the cheapest, and I feel the print is the closest match to the Valentino. I actually came across 2 styles of this bag at Meijer (yes, Meijer, my big box store I do my grocery shopping at). They have a bucket bag and cross body, both for $40 or less. I went online though to find this tote style that fits my needs best. I bought it when it was on sale for $29.99

SPEND: The next tier, the little bit nicer brand of Nine West. The print is a little bit larger on this one. I got mine at Younkers - original price $79, on clearance now for under $30! I've been carrying it since mid-December and just love it!

SPLURGE: I do not have the MZ Wallace bag, but when I started research for this post I came across it and thought I would add it so you could see 3 different price points. This one retailed for $295. As the price goes up on my comparisons, so does the size of the print. You can find this bag here.

Coincidentally, while looking up the Nine West bag above I found another striking similarity - this time to Fendi's "Monster". Is Nine West the new, legit knockoff brand? This usually isn't my style, but I'm intrigued. If you want to look at all of the options, just Google "Fendi Monster" and "Nine West Faces". Links to the ones I pulled are below:

 



No comments: