Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Back in Plaid

I didn't really intend to take a month long break from blogging, but I must say it was nice to give myself permission to just relax and try to enjoy the holidays and time off as much as possible. That's not to say the month of December was not stupidly crazy busy, but it was nice to not have to worry, "Oh, I have to get a picture of my outfit today" or worry about editing pictures and writing and finding links. Taking a break was also good in the way that I am newly inspired with a list of post ideas!

These pictures were actually taken mid-December and our winter in general has been so mild and wonderful! I honestly didn't really even start wearing my winter coat until recently, thanks to cozy sweaters or ponchos like this (especially if you layer them over something already long sleeved). I just couldn't resist the gorgeous colors of this plaid number, knowing it would go with most anything. It is really just a big blanket like scarf with arm holes sewn in, so it could be worn like a traditional scarf as well. Vice versa, I am sure it gives us all inspiration to make just about any hunk of fabric into a poncho by simply cutting some arm holes in!


Chamechaude Poncho - option from Anthropologie

brown turtleneck - Kohl's (old)
a.n.a. boots - JC Penney (old)
Lucky Brand necklace

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy







No comments: