Sunday, January 10, 2016

Get the look for less : ballet flats

I recently came across a health plan specifically for "mummy tummy" a.k.a. MuTu. I haven't officially started yet (more on that later), but one of the issues it addresses is proper alignment. The creator insists on wearing completely flat (or zero drop) footwear. While I know I will never be able to give up my heels (at least I wear chunky ones) and wedges for good, I will say that since having kids I have been more into flats than ever before. 

I've loved my Minnetonka Mocassins for years, pregnant or not, and when I was pregnant with Richard I bought a pair of black ballet flats from Target that were pretty much the only thing that would fit on my feet at the time. Almost 5 years later, it's time to replace them. I had heard a lot about Tieks from the Mom's group for MuTu, so I decided to research them. Real leather, ok. They can fold in half, ok. But I was scratching my head at the $175 price tag! And quite honestly, I'm not keen on the blue sole which shows quite a bit. I found an identical looking pair at JC Penney for $34.99 and then I had some coupons on top of that. So that's today's get the look for less:

a.n.a. Epic = $34.99


No comments: