Monday, November 9, 2015

First Things First

Life has been super busy lately, and when I get overwhelmed I just try to focus on one thing at a time. Ground breaking, I know. Seriously though, checking things off my list makes me feel a little more at peace and ready to move on to the next thing. I may get really excited to work on something that is weeks away instead of taking care of something that is happening tomorrow. So I need to practice that self discipline.

Even though I have spent months preparing for The Antique Mercantile booth, I physically spent time AT the booth the last 3 weekends. Even though it is up and running, it will be a continuous job for the next 6 months as we will always be adding merchandise.

I was reading an article the other day about juggling everything and how you just cannot do it all and there will always be something that is being neglected. And you just have to be okay with that concept. That can be hard for a Type A, Virgo like me. One of the things that had fallen to the wayside during this time is a clean house. Thank goodness Jon has been understanding that we both have been busy and we both had a major cleaning session over the weekend. So that was next on the list along with taking down the Halloween decorations.

The boys had picture day at school today, so getting their outfits together got checked off. Parent/teacher conference for Richard tomorrow, and Carson's first birthday this weekend. Then it will be full blown holiday season and all that comes with that. The weather certainly has changed a bit from my last post, making it feel more like Fall but still pretty darn pleasant. It was nice to wear a more Autumn-like outfit!

Vest - similar here, originally seen here
Zuma Necklace - Anthropologie
Levi's High Rise Jeggings - Macy's








No comments: