Friday, September 18, 2015

Stories


 There always seems to be "stories" behind my clothes, so here goes.....

The Dress: I got this dress on clearance at Meijer for $7!!! I also got one in Navy. For that price, you can't go wrong. I already had a black knit maxi dress, but after years of wearing it, it was getting pilly and worn. This one is sleeveless, making it perfect for layering. It has an elastic, fitted top and empire waist before the flowy skirt starts. I bought the dresses last month and have already worn them a ton! Being solid basics, there are so many ways to change up the look. I had several people at work say that they liked them and my reply always is, "THANKS, I GOT IT AT MEIJER FOR $7!!!!!" Yeah, all caps lock and shouty. You see, I am just so excited to share my deals, which is why I write this blog. I am sure my co-workers think I am crazy.

The Jacket: When I pulled this jacket out, I thought about how long I have owned it. 13 years. Yep, I remember buying it right after we were married. We lived in the sleepy little town of Pontiac, IL for about 6 months and Bloomington was the closest city to shop in. At that time in my life, I mainly shopped at the Express. Isn't it funny how true it is that the stores you shop at change throughout your life? I can't find a darn thing in there for me now. Anyway, I found this Express jean jacket at TJ Maxx and it excited me to find it there just as I now am excited about finding Anthropologie items there. It's a deep purple color with black and blue accents. It has patterns painted on it in gold and some bead work on the back. Wearing a jean jacket over a dress is a favorite look for me (so easy and comfy) but with this jacket not being the "norm" blue, it changes things up a bit.

The Shoes: Y'all might remember my posts on trying to find the "perfect" black replacement sandals. Don't worry, if you don't I'll be posting an update soon (I know the anticipation is killing you). I had been contemplating these Catherine Malandrino Yakov ones for a while on Zulily. They were originally $120 marked down to $28.29. Seriously, how do you come up with a retail price like that for shoes that aren't even leather??? Anyway, when I saw these Coach look-a-likes for $235, that sealed the deal for me and I popped over to Zulily to place my order. You see, there's no reason you can't look like a million bucks without spending that much!










1 comment:

Jaymie Ashcraft said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've found really cute clothes at Meijer!
Jaymie
www.jaymieashcraft.com